Friday, March 25, 2011

Come as you are

The upper room/灵修日 程

I just read this and I'll like to share it here.

The title is Come as your are.

Hebrews 4:14-16 Let us. . . approach the throne of grace with confidence, so that we may receive
                              mercy and find grace to help us in our time of need.

I recall from childhood my family being invited to a "come as your are" party. Guests were to simply come, without worry about what they might wear or bring. Sometimes the way we live may reflect this come-as-you-are mentality. Our actions sometime show our lack of forethought- we "just do it". More often we prepare all kinds of activities. For example, we wash our hands before meals and complete lengthy to-do-lists before leaving on vacation . We are very focused on preparation. There are times, nonetheless, when efforts to prepare are unnecessary and also futile.

Jesus invites us to come as we are. "Impossible!" you might exclaim. "I"m not ready to present myself to God just as I am." Incredibly, that is exactly what God desires us.

As an act of faith, we set aside out inclination to prepare. In doing so, we acknowledge our inablilty to ready ourselves for God's kingdom. God alone can prepare us, forgive us, and redeem us. Only when we give ourselves as we are can our lives be transformed through grace to serve and glorify God.

Prayer: Sovereign God, we come to you just as we are. Remake us into who you would have us be. In Jesus name we pray, Amen.

Prayer focus: Those unprepared to meet God.

Thought of the day: God invites us to draw near, just as we are.


Hope that I can finish copy the book of Proverbs/箴言。
The due date is June but I have to get it done by May because I am leaving on MAY.

No comments: